From July 10 to July 12, 2019, representatives from the Center for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Ministry of Electronics & IT, Government of India visited the University. The main purpose of the visit is to prepare for the creation of the Center for Advance Computing.
The members present were as follows:
- Mr. Aditya Kumar Sinha, Associate Director, C-DAC Pune
- Mr. Apoorva Kohli, Principal Technical Officer, C-DAC Delhi
- Mr. Jagdeep Kapoor, Second Secretary, EOI, Dushanbe
- Mr. Odinazoda Haidar, Rector, Tajik Technical University (TTU), Dushanbe
- Mr. Mamadamon Abdulloev, Vice Rector, TTU, Dushanbe
- Mr. Ahmadjon Rahmonzoda, Head of the Department of Science & Innovation, TTU, Dushanbe
- Mr. Shahriyor Sadullozada, Head of International Relations Department, TTU, Dushanbe
- Mr. Mukaddas Muminov, Head of IT Department, TTU, Dushanbe
The following points were discussed & agreed:
- TTU made a presentation on their structure, academics, research & International Relations. A visit of the facilities i.e. laboratory, classrooms, data centers etc. was undertaken. TTU informed that they are showcasing the various options for setting up of ABV-CACT. C-DAC team visited the various options shown in TTU campus and observed that TTU is easily accessible and basic building infrastructure is in place. However, TTU needs to make necessary civil refurbishment / modifications/furnishing along with provision of appropriate electrical points and Internet for setting up of ABV-CACT.
- C-DAC made detailed presentations about its Research & Development, Applications & Services, Global alliances, Education & Training & the proposed ABV-CACT.
- TTU also showed interest to collaborate with C-DAC on various research areas viz. Cyber Security, Parallel programming & HPC applications, IT technologies for Agriculture, Network Security, Mobile Computing etc.
- Discussion on courses & its delivery mechanism was held with the experts from TTU. The courses, which have been chosen by TTU for training of Master Trainers on the following computing domains in the given order:
- PG Diploma in Advanced Computing (PG-DAC)
- PG Diploma in Internet of Things (PG-DIOT)
- PG Diploma in Big Data Analytics (PG-DBDA)
- PG Diploma in IT infrastructure, System and Security(PG-DITISS)
- PG Diploma in HPC System Administration( PG-DHPCSA)
However, TTU has requested to have training of at least 10 (Ten) Master Trainers at C-DAC in India.