In accordance with the requirements of the economy and long-term plan of the Government of the Republic for the development of energy and training of power engineers, the faculty specialists train specialists (bachelor, master) in 7 departments:
- “Electric stations”
- “Source of power”
- “Theoretical Foundations of Radioelectronics”
- “Automated electric drives and electric machines”
- “Heat engineering and heat engineering equipment”
- “Economics and production management”
Training of specialists is carried out in 14 specialties:
- 1-27010110 – Economics and organization of production (power engineering)
- 1-27010112 – Economics and organization of production (communication)
- 1-390101 – Radio engineering
- 1-430101 – Power stations
- 1-430102 – Electrical networks and systems
- 1-430103 – Electricity supply (by industry)
- 1-430104 – The History of Barry
- 1-430105 – Industrial Heat and Power Engineering
- 1-430105-05 – Non-traditional and renewable energy sources
- 1-530104-03 – Relay protection and automation of electrical installations
- 1-530105 – Automatic electric drives
Currently, the faculty trains about 1,300 daytime students, 82 graduates, more than 350 bachelor and distance education. The educational process provides 76 teachers, including 2 doctors and 33 candidates of science.
In 2015, the Master’s educational program in the direction 1-430101 – “Electric Stations” passed professional and public accreditation of the Association of Engineering Education of Russia and received the certificate of international accreditation with the assignment of the EUR-ACE quality mark. Several teachers of the faculty received certificates of specialists of professional and public accreditation of educational programs in the field of engineering and technology.
The educational and scientific laboratories of the departments of the faculty are equipped with modern equipment. At the faculty, there is a purposeful work to improve the training of specialists using new information and communication technologies in education, training materials are updated and the laboratory base of the departments is being modernized.