Project: Improvement of higher technical education through the introduction of innovative technologies from the experience of European universities
The total cost of the project
2 812 810,02
2 728 273,02
The amount of co-financing from the university
South Ural State University (National Research University)
“Angel Kanchev” University of Ruse
Public Association “Civil culture»
Public Association “Association of employers of the Republic of Tajikistan”
Main goal: Improving the quality of training on the basis of digitalization of educational processes and guaranteed employment of graduates of technical universities.
Tasks / Goals:
- Improving the virtual integration of the university with other universities and research centers by creating 5 centers of innovative educational technologies that will improve the quality of training through:
- participation of students, undergraduates, doctoral students and faculty members in the online lectures of leading scientists from foreign universities on topical issues of science and technology;
- organizing online trainings for teachers and university staff by international consultants;
- organizing webinars and scientific and practical conferences of the republican and international scale on the digitization of engineering education, improving its quality and increasing the mobility of graduates of technical universities;
- holding round tables on topical issues of engineering education and the development of the real sector of the country’s economy with the participation of employers.
Development of professional competence of the faculty through the organization of advanced training courses on the acquisition of digital skills and teaching methods.
- Improving access to educational materials by:
- development of video courses of e-learning disciplines;
- Improvement of the virtual library of digital educational resources.
Component 1: Improving the virtual integration of the university with other universities and research centers.
The purpose of this component is to create 5 Centers of innovative educational technologies, equipped with modern information and telecommunication equipment according to the experience of European partners.
This component allows you to speed up the process of digital transformation of education, as part of the digital transformation of industries (Industry 4.0), which virtually unites university buildings located in different parts of the city. In addition, innovation centers allow for online lectures, webinars, video conferences and other similar events with the participation of universities – partners, potential employers, including those from foreign countries.
- Development of regulations for innovative educational technology centers;
- Creating centers of innovative educational technologies;
- Purchase, delivery and installation of furniture and equipment;
- Connecting centers to a single server (a single database of virtual educational resources).
Component 2: Development of professional competence of the faculty.
The goal of this component is capacity building and partnership training. Through the organization of advanced training courses, university teachers will acquire skills in teaching methods and the use of information technology in the educational process. It is assumed that university professors will undergo training at partner universities, as well as employees of university partners will conduct training at the Tajik Technical University named after M. Osimi (TTU).
- Making changes to the syllabus;
- Development of a training program;
- Organization of trainings in partner universities;
- Organization of trainings with international and local consultants at TTU.
Component 3: Creating a prerequisite for the implementation of the principle “Learn anytime and anywhere with the help of a selected lecturer using any device – computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.” and preparation for international accreditation of engineering specialties through internal audit.
As part of this component, a video studio will be created for shooting, editing and processing digital video materials, video courses for e-learning disciplines will be developed and access to electronic teaching materials will be improved. This component also intends to improve the virtual library of digital educational resources and carry out preparatory work for the purpose of international accreditation of at least 3 engineering educational programs.
- Creating a video studio for shooting, editing and processing digital video materials;
- Announcement of an open competition for the selection of consultants for the development of e-learning video courses and presentations of a course of courses in PowerPoint lectures based on the use of interactive learning tools;
- Conduct trainings (seminar) for selected consultants;
- Conduct round tables with potential employers;
- Selection of engineering educational programs and conducting an internal audit of the quality of the implementation of educational programs for the purpose of international accreditation.